Who's the dirty rascal?

NEWS ITEM: Health Minister Tony Abbott called on the Catholic Church to intensify its fight against abortion. While states dictate abortion laws, the Federal Government has control of how abortions are funded through Medicare.


I privately and personally do belong to that group of Australians who think there are too many abortions and too many late abortions in Australia.
--And who may you be?
Don’t you know? You voted for me.
--Oh. Did I?
Indeed you did. Check the figures. Ditto! Both houses of parliament . Imagine! Both houses! Now [sings]
I’m the King of the Castle – and you’re the dirty rascal.
--Yes but ...
I’m the King of the Castle – and you’re the dirty rascal…
--Hang on.
I’m the King of the Castle – and…
--Will you SHUT UP!
Watch my lips: I-am-the-king -and-you-are-a-dirty-rascal.
--But please! This is important.
What is?
--Terminations
Oh. Too many. Far too many.
--Too many?
Worryingly high, I’d say. Worryingly high. Tut-tut.
--Can’t you be more precise than that?
Well, I am a worried man. A very worried man. And I worry that 100,000 abortions a year is far too many.
--What would be just right?
I don’t know. There is simply too many abortions. That’s all. The number needs to be cut.
--By how much?
God forbid! By whatever..
--By what amount did you have in mind? If 100,000 is too high would you worry less if the figure was, say, 50,000...
Well, I’d worry less but I’d still worry.
--You want to get in early and stop the late ones don’t you?
Yes, but…
--That should be worth a few thousand.
Yes. Stop the late ones.
--Abort early, you’d recommend.
Hang on. I don’t mean that.
--But you wanted to stop the late term abortions?
Yeah.
--And you want a comfort zone --a figure you can accept and not worry about...
Yeah.
--So what would that be?
A ball park figure?
--So you wouldn’t feel the need to worry.
None.
--None!
One would be one too many.
--Oh. But that’s’ not what you are saying.
No it isn’t, is it? But you know what:I don’t care. Why? Because--[Sings] I’m the King of the Castle – and you’re the dirty rascal… I’m the King of the Castle – and you’re the dirty rascal…

Channels