Drowning the black folks under the waters

"I hate the way they portray us in the media. If you see a black family, it says they're looting. See a white family, it says they're looking for food." Kanye West : NBC Concert for Hurricane Relief

Y’all have to forgive me but I am not of the southern persuasion. I is antipodean in my bent and while I lives south of the Mason-Dixon Line I’m on foreign soil -- which is as dry as a dead dingo’s dongar. But looking toward y’all from afar youse look in a right ol’ mess. One of your cities sinks beneath the waves and you wanna go drown your black folk along wid it. Why you wanna go do that for? They not Ay-rabs. They sing and dance and make whoopie. Them the folk that give ya ragtime. Gave ya Pops and Jelly Roll. And all ya can think about is letting the niggers (excusez-moi my school book Creole) fend for themselves in the filth and the squalor wid the bloated dead floating around their feet a’rotting and a’stinking to high heavens like a big pot of gumbo gone bad. Is this the Great Society youse promised? Is this what y’all call "abundance and liberty for all?" ‘Cause if it is, if this is the snake oil ya selling, then what ya got planned for Iraq? Tell me this, Mr President: What you got to offer the world when you can’t fetch black chillun a drink of water? And I ain’t the only one wondering what’s got into you. The whole world is a’watching and a’waiting to see how America looks after its own. We is a-wondering if drowning-while-black is the spectator sport that there big Superdome was built for in the first place. You is dunking coons instead of doughnuts now, watching to see how many can stay afloat by themselves and betting on their black arses. A few drowned Afroes here and there, and I guess you don’t give a shit, do you, Mr President?What’s that got to do with the price of ... oil?

Channels