Holiday gift list or my favorite things

MARIA:
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things...
La la la LA...


Having transcended the quest for material goods I now take my comforts for granted. This makes me someone who is difficult to buy for. I get my books from libraries; my music from the web. My penchant for recipes is satiated with some choice words Googled. My garden is grown from cuttings and I drink of the grape very cheaply.

But I own up to some favorite things:

  • My iRiver Mp3 player.
  • My pair of Black Diamond Trekking poles.
  • My one pair of shoes: Brooks Axion Size 9.
  • My computer and internet connection.
  • My "dogscooter" Kick Bike -- home made
  • My $29 canvas hat --"made in China" -- this is my Akubra.
  • My two terriers--Scratch and Milly.
  • My fob watch which I hang from my belt pouch.
  • My subscription to Green Left Weekly.


I have a penchant for snazzy loud cotton shirts I find on the rack at Lifeline or similar ‘Op shop. And I survive the summer heat, breathed upon by an electric fan -- any electric fan.

Inasmuch as I have the goods, I recommend my lifestyle. And as a man of means such as these, I commend these items if one were yankering to redraft one’s wish list.

Channels