Idle notions...

It's raining! Not that the drought here in South East Queensland has broken. But it is raining. It's wet. Not a lot wet, but less dry than before.

THINKS:Maybe those mulberry cuttings I planted will take this year. The mulberry is a holy tree -- or bush(as in "round and round the mulberry bush on a cold and frosty morning") -- because it's so giving and so undemanding.

I have other things to do too. I was reminded of the the poem by Bertolt Brecht on his little radio.I could sing it for you now if you were in cooee.

I knew the poem in ballad form from a translation by Eric Bentley. I also recall that Brecht wrote a bit both for and on radio. So I'll dig out those essays and blog my thoughts on them.

I am you see a registered Brechtian and one of my reviews has done the tour of academia (see: The Life and Lies of Bertolt Brecht)but that was once part of my CV-- my BB knowledge and identity. I'm very much a child of the Weimar Republic and German speaking cabaret. Sally Bowls in a slouch hat perhaps.

This note was intended to promote this great blogging platform -- Performancing.--even though it's still in beta. Blogging is a joy with it.

However I have a podcast to edit and a web page to create (I've got this great idea for integrating blogging, email discussion groups, RSS feeds, links, Google Calendar and whatever into a home page for greenlefties in South East Queensland.)

Send Life of Riley an audio comment
Subscribe to the Life of Riley blog feed
Subscribe to the Ratbag Radio podcast feed
Ratbag Radio Odeo Channel audio archive
Email Life of Riley

Channels