When found, make a note of.

I've been drowning in links -- thus my interest and enthusiasm for BlogBridge --which was my attempt at organising them. But I also wanted to format my hard won lists of feeds and share them with you lot -- if that was your fancy.

To do this I had to start to understand OPML.
From Wikipedia - OPML (Outline Processor Markup Language) is an XML format for outlines. Originally developed by Radio UserLand as a native file format for an outliner application, it has since been adopted for other uses, the most common being to exchange lists of RSS feeds between RSS aggregators. The OPML specification defines an outline as a hierarchical, ordered list of arbitrary elements. The specification is fairly open which makes it suitable for many types of list data.
That may, or may not,mean anything to you but to me it means that I can make any number of lists -- and I'm an addicted list maker -- and they'll be for real, such that each item in the list will be the thing rather than a substitute for it.

The big grandaddy list I'm working on is here: But bear with me -- I'll make it user friendly by the time I'm finished. I'm piloting blind, relying on the OPML Compendium.

In the meantime to prove how list prone I am, I refer you to Ta-da List the input to which rules my life --such as it is.

Ta-da makes it easy to...

Keep track of all the little things you need to get done
Make lists for other people (co-workers, friends, family)
Share lists with the world ("My favorite movies of 2004")
Subscribe to your lists in RSS so you're always on track
...and more! See screenshots, details, and a movie below

And I am ruled by my list making because (and here's a list anyway) (a)I'm dedicated to the business of knowing what to do next. (b) My sedentary/ invalid prone / topsy turvy lifestyle needs order. (c) The karma of list making is my zen -- I merge as one with the world around me. (e) And besides, making lists proves how good my intentions are...or were at the time I made the list.

So take heed...

Mr Macawber: "When found, make a note of."

No better advice.

Channels