I'm going away...

Of course I am as its Xmas and we always go away at Xmas into the new year. I'm off to a beach on the Pacific Ocean : Mudjimba. A place which boasts -- can you believe it! -- gluten free pizzas whether you want them or not! I'm NOT into gluten in a big way at all-- so I say it's selling a pizza short to take out the gluten. >>

Besides that, beyond the pizza rim -- I've been converting and inserting my collection of downloaded podcasts to my Sony Hi MD player . That's a Walkman to you lot. And this hol is about me an the HiMD really getting to know one another. I used it last Wednesday at the Murri rally for recording and I got zero audio because I pushed either the wrong or not enough buttons or maybe the right buttons in the wrong order. So me and HiMD are meetin and greetin this hols...It's tech learning curve aspiring to a state of comfort and mutual comprehension.

But in the lead up I've been busy on this Murunji death in custody fallout so I hope I can reflect some of that here before I leave for the beach.

While I'm away I'm going to the Woodford Folk Festival. I mention that, not because I'm a snob but because I only went to my first Woodford last year (and it's been going twenty!) and enjoyed it immensely. And playing this year are the Perth based Zydecats and I and the Missus have a strong penchant for zydeco, cajun and swamp pop...in theory at least -- as my injury this year (the old knee wound you see) ruined our dance moves. But at Woodford: we'll begin to strut our stuff --and when we come back we're forming a local dance club (minus the gumbo supper) to keep the music and the stepping out very much alive.

Here's a midi instrumental version of the most well known zydeco/cajun song: Don't mess with my toot toot. .It was composed & recorded by Sidney Simien in 1984. The song hinged on its triple entendre catch phrase, "Don't mess with my toot-toot," that contained both a drug and sex connotation while its real meaning was a Cajun term of endearment meaning sweet heart, as in 'mà chere tout-tout.'"Sing along.

And if you want to get into Cajun the best web resource of all things Cajun and the like is a radio program from Minnesota but since that web stream is down at the mo, best you go here to shake your booty.

Guess what I'm listening to now? Love it.

Don't mess with my toot toot
Don't mess with my toot toot
I know you have another woman
So don't mess with my toot toot

When I was born in my black suit
The doctor slapped my behind
He said you're gonna be special
You sweet little toot toot

So you can look as much
But if you as much as touch
You're gonna have yourself a case
I'm gonna break your face

So don't mess with my toot toot
Don't mess with my toot toot
I know you have another woman
So don't mess with my toot toot

Yeah, you're right

Channels